segunda-feira, 18 de julho de 2011

Singapore

 Hello there! This weekend, I had a quiet adventurous trip to the 4th developed country in the world. After planing our trip to Bali, my grandfather insisted in squeezing a short trip to Singapore to visit his friend. I booked tickets to leave Kuala Lumpur on Friday  and be back on Sunday, since our trip to Bali would start that Monday.  When traveling, I love asking all the tips to local people, and taxi drivers, plus is a great way to engage with locals. We were told to check out Marina Square. That's what we did right away.





 ( Marina Square )














We got very lucky, there was a Chinese festival going on at Marina Square due to the New year's eve. It was an amazing experience, the music was wonderful, and I ran backstage to get a picture with some of the dancers.













The next morning, we met with my grandparent's friends and they showed us around. It is very expensive to have a car in Singapore, so people bike a lot, and use taxis.  Our friends took us to a vegetarian Indian restaurant at the Indian neighborhood. I have never been to India, but the food tasted so authentic. I could not resist, and I had so much fun eating with my hands. Malaysians also eat with their hands so I actually got some practice in it.












After our stomach got full we went to the Botanic Park...


On the Botanic Garden, there were a lot species of plants, from tropical to European. There were appropriate green houses to simulate the environment where the plans were from.






 Perfect place to go on dates as well! 











Sunday on the way back to Kuala Lumpur, I am told during the check in that I cannot board since my passport will expire in less then 6 months. I was incredibly calm, however my mom was very worried because she did not want to leave me alone in Singapore and she also did not want to leave my grandparents to return alone to Kuala Lumpur and then to Bali alone. It was a very delicate situation where I am 16 years old stuck in a country, and my grandparents are elder. I tried talking my mom into leaving me there and going ahead and taking care of my grandparents. Singapore is a very safe city, you do not even see cops on the streets, and there are literally cameras all over there city.
In the end, my grandparents adventured alone back to Malaysia and the next day to Bali. My mom and I were able to contact our friends and we stayed over their place for one night.
Luckily, they were able to help us to get a temporarily passport the next day at the Polish embassy and before we knew it we were flying to Bali on Monday too.

So, we pretty much arrived to Indonesia only couple hours after my grandparents made it to it. Funny fact, I am always over prepared while traveling, which means, I always bring extra clothes, computer, extra batteries and documents. This time, I was like "it's only a weekend trip, I am tired of dragging all this things with me, let's pack just the minimum and no computer".

Oh, I also realized I have brought my swiss knife along on the flight from KL to Singapore. That also reassured me how flaw the airport security is. Its only a big show to make you feel safe...   
Later on, I made a bus trip from KL to Singapore to get my knife back. Actually, it was so I could travel by land and see the Malaysian landscape from the ground!


  ( just an amazing photo from botanic park)

Our friend, also called Anna,  took us to a nice restaurant in Singapore ( after being stopped in Singapore) where we ate a nice soft fish :

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário